Skip To Main Content

Request Special Education Records

Our District releases the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and the psychological (diagnostic or multidisciplinary assessment) report in the chronological order received from the Psychological Services Office.

All requests must be made in writing and mailed/faxed and include the following:

  • Name of the student
  • Date of birth of the student
  • Signature of the holder of educational signing rights for the minor and today's date on the request
  • Authorization to obtain/release records/information form, signed by the holder of educational signing rights if student is less than 18 years old; otherwise, 18-year-old students must sign and date their own authorization to obtain/release records or information forms. Form SE-10 "Authorization to Obtain and Release Information" may be accessed by clicking on the following link: Form SE-10 Authorization to Obtain and Release Information

Send your records request to:

Special Education Records, Psychological Services
San Bernardino City Unified School District
1535 West Highland Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92411
Phone: (909) 880-6833
Fax: (909) 880-6836

If you seek general education documents such as a transcript, immunizations records, attendance records, birth certificate, grade reports, or the disciplinary histories, please contact the last school attended in our District. To request the CUM file or the Special Education Teacher's file, please also contact the last school attended in our District. Our Office of Student Records will house the CUM and Special Education Teacher's files for out-of-district students who attended in our District within Grades 1-8 at Office of Student Records, San Bernardino City Unified School District, 793 North E. St., San Bernardino, CA 92410, Telephone: (909) 889-7003, FAX: (909) 889-7933.

General education documents for students in Grades 9-12 are housed with the Registrar of the last high school of attendance in our District

The Registrars at our high schools are open for business between 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. weekdays while the personnel of Special Education Records Office and the Office of Student Records are open for business between 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays.