Dr. Scott Wyatt
Board President - Dr. Scott Wyatt
Office terms ends: 2024
Dr. Scott Wyatt is the proud father of two children who have attended SBCUSD schools. As a parent, Scott has volunteered on the District Advisory Committee and served as the PTO president at Richardson PREP HI Middle School from 2010-2011.
Scott has been an educator for over 20 years. During his career, he has been a teacher, lead teacher, principal and Area Director of Student Services. He has worked in K-12 Alternative Education programs, Juvenile Court School Programs, ROP/CTE programs, Special Education programs, and supervised the Toyota Learning Center at the Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital. Scott serves on numerous committees throughout the county and state. Currently, he serves as the Chair of the San Bernardino Countywide Gangs and Drugs Task Force.
In addition, Scott earned his Doctorate degree in Leadership for Education and Social Justice from the University of Redlands, where he also earned an M.A. degree in Education Administration, as well as his Education Administrative Clear Credential. He attended CSUSB, where he earned his B.A. degree in criminal justice, a graduate certificate in Education Technology, a K-12 Clear Multiple Subject CLAD teaching credential and an Emergency Credential in Mild to Moderate Special Education.
Scott's key areas of focus for the District are:
- Increasing parent engagement, involvement, and education
- Creating safe routes to schools free from gangs, drugs, bullying, and human trafficking
- Providing comprehensive social emotional mental health services for all students
- Ensuring the needs of our students with disabilities are met with the highest level of care
- Providing all staff with current professional development that is relevant to their positions, and
- Ensuring that all students are prepared to attend college and pursue a career upon graduation