Basics for Excellence
The District’s new Basics for Excellence were crafted by District
employees. All District employees participated in an exercise to define
the parameters for our District through the See Hear Feel activity.
Employees answered two basic questions. What do you always expect to
see, hear and feel in a District of excellence and what do you never
want to see, hear and feel?
The responses were reviewed by a diverse group of employees who aligned the responses and used them to craft the following:
Focus on Results Together
- We work collaboratively to produce exemplary outcomes for our SBCUSD community.
Sense of Purpose
- We achieve success by consistently and effectively serving others.
- Our actions are focused and contribute to the attainment of our mission.
- We experience enthusiasm and encouragement as evidenced by our excitement and joy in what we do every day.
Parameters of Trust
- We exhibit inspired behaviors that reflect pride, motivation, and empowerment through involvement.
- We establish consistent parameters of trust that are characterized by honesty, transparency, and collaboration.
- We exhibit professionalism by providing superior customer service while adhering to quality professional standards.