Our Guiding Tenets
The mission of SBCUSD, the leading expert in human learning, is to ensure all students, cradle to career, develop the knowledge, skills, and proficiencies required for college, career, civic, and economic success by inspiring and engaging them in a system distinguished by:
- High expectations for student and staff performance
- Vital partnerships with families, community, and employers
- Culturally proficient schools
- Learning experiences beyond traditional boundaries of where and when
- Safe, respectful, and welcoming environments
We believe that:
- Every person has value and deserves to realize full potential.
- Learning liberates the mind, the heart, and the spirit and instills hope.
- Relevance inspires motivation and excellence.
- Emotional, psychological, and physical well-being is significant in the pursuit of life, learning, and happiness.
- Cultural proficiency leads to equity and removes barriers to opportunity.
- Strong interpersonal relationships based in trust empower individuals and communities.
- Individuals and communities thrive in environments of mutual respect, value, and worth.
Our Key Strategic Objectives
- Each student will develop and pursue an academic and career plan based on his or her interests and talents.
- Each student will demonstrate independent initiative, civic responsibility, and community pride.
- Each student will develop creativity through mastery of fundamental knowledge and applied skills.
- Each student will enjoy learning throughout life by learning how to learn.