District Guidelines for a Transfer
Board Policy No. 5117
(Para ver esta información en Español, oprima aquí.)
Every effort is made to transfer a student under the following circumstances. Board of Ed Policy 5116.1 states that the District desires to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of District students. Priority for attendance outside of a student’s attendance area shall be given as follows:
- If circumstances exist at a student’s home school that might be harmful or dangerous to the student in the current attendance area, including threats of bodily harm or threats to the emotional stability of the student.
- Priority may be given to siblings of students already in attendance in the requested school
- Priority shall be given to students whose parent/guardian is assigned to the requested school as his/her primary place of employment.
- Priority shall be given to meet the child care needs of an elementary level student.
- Requested site must be the residence school for the day care provider
- A Day Care Placement form must be completed and attached to transfer request.
- To allow students to remain with a class graduating that year from an elementary, middle, or senior high school.
- To allow a student to complete a school year when his/her parents/guardians have moved out of the district during that year.
- Health and safety when the student is endangered and all means have been exhausted at the home school.
For all other requests for change of school outside a school’s attendance area, the transfer committee shall use a random, unbiased selection process to determine who shall be admitted. Enrollment decisions shall not be based on a student’s academic or athletic performance.
Request for Change of School (RCS) are granted ONLY if space is available
How to Request a Change of Schools:
1. Fill out and submit the Request for Change of Schools form:
Request For Change of Schools Form (English)
Solicitud Para el Cambio de Escuela (Español)
2. The transfer committee will review and process your request within 30 days.
You will receive a letter in the mail notifying you if your request is approved
3. If approved, you have 5 business days from date of approval to take your
approval letter to the school you are requesting your student attend and
complete the required enrollment process.
4. If denied for no space no appeals can be made. You may call the Youth
Services office at 909-880-6812 on the 3rd Monday of each month to check
5. If denied for insufficient reason, you may call the Youth Services office at
(909) 880-6812 to schedule an appointment for an appeal meeting.
6. If the committee approves your request at the appeal meeting you have 5
business days from date of approval to take your approval letter to the
school you are requesting your student attend and complete the
required enrollment process.
7. If the committee denies your appeal, you may request to meet with the
Director of Youth Services. Please call the Youth Services Department at
(909) 880-6812 to schedule an appointment.
NOTE: For students ages 11 or younger if your request for a change of school is
due to daycare please complete and submit the following form:
Statement of Daycare Placement (English)
Declaración de Asignación a una Guardería (Español)