The Director of Youth Services provides guidance to sites regarding documentation needed to prepare 994 and SARB referrals. Non-attending students in grades kindergarten through eighth are referred to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB), and high school students are referred to Youth Services via a 994 code request.
In certain instances, students must meet with the Director of Youth Services to obtain a release form to return to school. A release form is required to return to school after any of the following:
- Being dropped to 994 status
- Being in Juvenile Hall for any length of time
- Being in any of the County Schools (Mission Community Day School and Tri-City Community Day School)
- Being on probation
- Being out of school for a year or more
- Being suspended when an extension was requested but not granted