Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Activities
Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
- To be eligible to participate, the student must have a 2.0 GPA and a passing a minimum of 4 classes each grading period.
- All new, incoming 9th graders are academically eligible for the first quarter but must meet all requirements on the first quarter’s report card and thereafter. They will also need a 2.0 GPA (non-weighted) scale and pass a minimum of 4 classes.
- Students on suspension are ineligible to participate or attend any athletic or extracurricular activity.
- Students absent from school on the day of an athletic or extracurricular activity will not be allowed to participate unless the absence is excused.
- A student who accumulates ten (10) or more unexcused period absences during a grading period is ineligible to participate during the remainder of the grading period.
Eligibility standards required for participation in athletics shall also be a requirement to compete, to perform alone or in a group, or otherwise represent the school in activities outside the regular school day and regular school program. Eligibility for such co-curricular participation shall be the same as for athletics, except that for co-curricular participation eligibility shall be based on the prior semester’s grades rather than on the grade for the prior grading period if the grading period is not the semester. Examples of co-curricular activities are drill team, pep squad (including cheerleaders, flags, and mascots), band, choral music, competitive speech or debate, drama, and interscholastic academic competition. Expressly excluded from this policy is participation in Student Government.