Fire and Earthquake Drills and Evacuations - Emergency Procedures
Two fire drills and two earthquake/disaster drills are held each school year.
- The signal for a fire drill is five short bells followed by a pause. This sequence is repeated five times.
- The “all-clear” is one long ringing of the bell.
- The earthquake/disaster signal is one continuous ringing of the bell.
- The “all-clear” is, again, one long ringing of the bell.
- Two separate maps with routes of evacuations are posted in every room.
During a fire drill, students will exit immediately.
During an earthquake/disaster drill, students are to “drop, cover, and hold” for five minutes, then exit the building. In both cases, students are to get clear of the building by at least 100 feet.
These drills are very important and serious exercises which may save your life. You are expected to act accordingly.
Emergency Procedures :
In the event of a site or District emergency, the District office will handle communication with parents. If parents are not able to contact the school during a site or District emergency, they should contact the District Communications Office at (909) 381-1250 for more information.