Purpose of the Council:
To involve and engage African American Parents in the decision-making process leading to improved quality of education for African-American students by raising the level of awareness in our community about cultural learning differences and promoting an understanding among parents, educators, and others about culturally sensitive issues relating to the education of African-American students.
The Goals of AAPAC
- Engage, Equip, and Empower Parents to advocate for the academic success of their child.
- Expand and improve the educational opportunities for African-American students.
- Ensure academic success through high expectations, rigorous and challenging curricula and instruction.
- Work to enhance and support the educational, personal, and career goals of every African-American student.
- Encourage success in the regular school program through a collaborative decision-making process within the district, school level and community.