The District's Visual and Performing Arts Program supports a comprehensive, multi-faceted curriculum for all students.
It provides the guidelines for instruction that emphasizes the District
and State content standards, as well as provides instructional
experiences that align with the California State Visual and Performing
The central purpose of the Visual and Performing Arts Education is to
provide experiences to help the students understand their world in ways
that support and enhance their learning in other core subjects.
The arts convey knowledge and meaning not learned through the study of other subjects.
- Increasing students' sensitivity to the arts and to the world around them
- Expressing creativity and/or performing works in the arts through direct student involvement
- Learning the history of the arts and the cultural context in which works have been and are being created
- Participating in critiques of their own work and the work of others
- Gaining experience in making judgments about the merits of works of art and how the arts function in society
ISHS Visual & Performing Arts Teachers:
Mrs. Bunn (M4) Art 1, 2, & 3; Advanced Studio Art
Mr. Worsey (M3 & A2) Ceramics, Digitech
Ms. Evanson (F1) Art 1
Mr. Kay (D1) Concert Choir 1 & Advanced, Guitar 1, Guitar 2
Mr. Perez (D2) Guitar , String Ensemble, Symphonic Band