San Bernardino City Unified School District
San Bernardino City Unified School District
Home PageEmail PagePrint Page

Go To Search

The following middle and high school students must have a Youth Services Release before they can be enrolled at a school site:

  • Out of school for more than 2 weeks (not including spring break, winter break or summer vacation);
  • Returning from Juvenile Hall (even if they are still enrolled);
  • Coming from another country;
  • Returning from County CDS or County Referral;
  • Expelled from another district;
  • Returning Runaway (even if they are still enrolled); or
  • Returning from a Charter School.

These releases are valid for five business days-see the date on the form. If five days have already passed, the student and parent must return to Youth Services for a new release.

If there are any questions regarding this procedure, contact Youth Services at 880-6809.
All elementary students are to report directly to their resident school for admittance.

Proof of Residency Requirements (Board Policy 2340):

Education code 48260 compels parents to ensure that students between the ages of 6 and 18 attend school. Reasonable evidence of Residency may include, but not limited to, any of the following:

  • Property Tax payment receipts
  • Rent payment receipts
  • Utility service payment receipts
  • Utility bill
  • Declaration of Residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
  • Statement from individual(s) with whom the family lives
  • State identification documents
  • Statement from employers
  • Or any other reasonable documentation

San Bernardino City Unified School District, 777 North F Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410, (909) 381-1100
Home     /       Calendar     /       Contact Us     /       Print Page     /       Email Page     /            /       Español     /       Accessibility     /       Site Map     /       Copyright Notices