Apprentice Barber Requirements:
The Barber Apprentice training offered through the Southern California Barbers Apprenticeship Council (SCBAC) is composed of:
A) the Barber Apprentice training through the California Apprenticeship (2 years), and
B) attending Related and Supplemental Instruction (RSI) classes on scheduled Mondays or Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. as designated by the Coordinator.
Applicants must meet minimum requirements of the California Board of Barber Examiners, which are:
Show proof of a 10th grade education or equivalent.
2. Be at least 17 years of age. (Must have prior administrative approval if under 18 years of age)
3. If convicted of a felony all related arrest, court, parole, and or probation documents must be provided.
4. Not have a Barber license revoked.
5. Not have submitted falsified information to the Barber Board.
6. Possess a current, valid U.S. government-issued picture ID
7. Possess a current valid social security card or tax identification number (TIN) card
Click here for Program Information
The application period for Fall 2016 is closed. Please check back in November 2016 for information on the next application period.
- Please use this Application Checklist to ensure that all requirements are met and your application is complete.
- All applicants must have a sponsor and have the Establishment Owner’s license number and signature on the application to be considered for the program.
- All applicants must show a valid government issued picture ID and a social security card or tax identification number (TIN) card when submitting application.
- Completed applications must be turned in to the Inland Career Education Center, 1200 North E Street, San Bernardino, CA 92405
- The first 50 apprentice applicants with complete applications will be invited to attend a mandatory Orientation with the Establishment Owner. If there are more than 50 complete applications, a waiting list will be started. Waiting list applicants will be called as space becomes available in the program.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
- All fees are due at Orientation: $400 for the Pre-Apprentice and $450 for the Apprentice ($850 total fees due at Orientation)
- Now accepting GI Bill funding!
Schedule of Classes
For more information contact Inland Career Education Center Main Office